Network Engineer (NE)
Supervisor: Information Systems Manager; Academic Vice Principal
Position Start Date: July 2023
Position Description: The NE is responsible to design, implement, and manage network infrastructure, including components including switches, routers, and the installation and maintenance of servers. Research and procure IT hardware and supplies. Participate in IT inventory, and asset management.
Essential Selection Criteria
Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent, Master’s level desired
Three or more years of formal experience in networking and asset management experience related to IT infrastructure.
Possess working, Microsoft 2019 server, MS SQL server, Linux, L3 switches, and Firewall
Be knowledgeable about networking an IT infrastructure of 500 client PCs
Must have analytical skills
Possess up-to-date knowledge of software, server, internet issues, and client interface
Should be strictly confidential at all times and in all matters.
- Be flexible and foresee technological and need-based changes
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a solid command of oral and written English
- Have the ability to train, teach, and introduce new technology to system users
- Be an experienced team leader
- Be client-oriented, be able to provide help-desk assistance
- Oversee that the information system function normally
- Configure and maintain central IT services
- Plan improvements or changes to IT infrastructure, security and integrity
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to system function
- Evaluate LAN and WAN functionality to administer all shortcomings.
- Assist the ISM in backup and recovery of system
- Attend meetings related to IT needs of school
- Create awareness to the staff about the IT policies
- Plan, design and provide training to all stakeholders in all IT policy aspects including Data Protection.
- In consultation with the ISM, NE will recommend software and policy changes
- Any other duties assigned by the ISM and/or Administration
- Download Application Form >> KIS Administrative Position Application Form
- Fill-in the required information
- Use the form below to submit your application along with your resume
Please note that applications that do not include the application form and a resume will not be considered.