IBMYP/DP Math Teacher
Supervisor: Head of Department, Math and Academic Vice Principal
Position Start Date: July 2023
Position Description: Teach IB Math at the High School level within an American curricular framework that is fully integrated with IB Middle Years and Diploma Programs. Expected to fully support residential life in a boarding environment.
- Masters degree (or equivalent) in relevant academic field
- Teacher certification from a recognized institution
- B.Ed desirable
- At least three-year teaching experience in teaching Math at Middle and / or High School level preferably in an multi-cultural or international context
- IB experience is mandatory
- Dedicated to student learning
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player with ability to delegate and coordinate work
- Willing to work creatively with available materials/resources
- Able to create and teach interdisciplinary lessons.
- Understand the developmental characteristics, differences in learning styles and intelligences and adapt lesson planning and teaching appropriately
- Capacity to support the goals and mission of KIS through his/her personal philosophy.
- Support KIS guiding principles
- Teach up to 75% out of total instructional periods in a 6-day cycle.
- Preparation, marking, report writing and all other administration related to the teaching of the subject(s).
- Participate in departmental meetings, planning, in-service training activities and invigilation duties as required by the Head of Department or Coordinators.
- Be available to conference with students out of class.
- Promptly pass information to advisors, residential Parents and Coordinators when student’s attendance, academic performance or behaviour is praiseworthy or giving cause for concern.
- To be available for work on campus in good time to complete all necessary preparations and meetings before the start of the term.
- To hand-over all relevant material l to the HoD/Coordinator upon departure from KIS
- To respect the confidential nature of discussions at staff meetings and other contexts in which sensitive information is likely to be communicated – particularly in terms of interaction with students.
- Support residential life of the school by chaperoning activities, clubs, field trips, camp, long weekend field day etc., and being advisor to a group of students.
- Fulfill other duties as required by the Head of department/Vice Principal/Principal
- Download Application Form >> KIS Academic Position Application Form
- Fill-in the required information
- Use the form below to submit your application along with your resume
Please note that applications that do not include the application form and a resume will not be considered.