Supervisor: Vice Principal
Position Start Date: July 2023
Position Description: To ensure that library media resources and educational technology are supporting the 9-12 academic programs, and that they are well communicated to students and staff. Provide resources for using technology in education.
Preferred Academic Qualifications
B.A (or equivalent) in Library and Information Science; Masters preferred
Possess a high degree of fluency and accuracy in written and spoken English
Able and willing to stay up-to-date with IB school library standards and best practices, as well as about age-appropriate literature for grades 9-12
Highly skilled in computers, particularly with databases, social media, and internet
Possess a strong interest and confidence in teaching and learning
Skilled in working with teams, as well as being independent, self-directed and creative
Strong leadership skills to motivate and support supervisees
Enthusiastic about interacting with grade 9-12 students from diverse backgrounds, and have a strong desire to be of service to students and teachers
Excellent verbal/non-verbal communication and interpersonal skill
Experience with cross-cultural integration and adjustment
Dedicated with plenty of energy
Willing to work creatively with available materials/ resources
- Experience working in a school library, including teaching information and digital literacy; knowledge of IB programs and resources, as well as experience in acquiring library and textbook resources are valued
- Experienced working with youth ages 10-18
- Experience working with library systems management, including cataloging and classifying; experience with KOHA is valued
- Experience as an effective supervisor
Support KIS guiding principles
Develop and teach the one semester course, Information and Digital Literacy, to students in grades 9 and 11
Head of Department:
- Supervise all staff in the K-8 and High School Libraries
- Prepare and maintain library budget
- Develop and support library policies
- Maintain the physical and the electronic library collection, as well as the textbook collection, and ensure that they meet the needs of all and is communicated and marketed properly
- Ensure the library is well-designed, equipped and maintained to serve and encourage student and staff use, in collaboration with students and staff
- Guide teachers who need help in the use of technology in the classroom; for example, set up blogs, introduce online collaborative tools etc.
- Train teachers and students in the use of the physical and digital library resources
- Keep the library website and Facebook page up-to-date and well-developed
- Planning and ensuring the archives are well maintained and records are well preserved.
- Ensuring all operations of the archives are effectively managed-this would include, liaising with donors and depositors of archives, preparing record-keeping systems and other responsibilities in relation to archives.
- Support residential life of the school by chaperoning activities and sponsoring clubs
- Fulfill any other duties assigned by the Principal
- Download Application Form >> KIS Administrative Position Application Form
- Fill-in the required information
- Use the form below to submit your application along with your resume
Please note that applications that do not include the application form and a resume will not be considered.