Position Name: French Teacher
Department: Second Language
Supervisors: Head of Department, Second Languages and Academic Vice Principal
Start Date: July 2019
Position Description: Teach French to non-native and near-native speakers, 12-18 years.
Teach International Baccalaureate (IB) Beginner, Standard and Higher Level French Language B curriculum Teach International Baccalaureate French Ab Initio curriculum
Preparation for IB French Standard Level examination: functional French, applied grammar and composition on a variety of topics, conversation and oral presentations
Preparation for IB French Higher Level examination: language and literature
Teach the history of French literature with an emphasis on modern literature and selected literary works, literary skills, including text handling and written and oral presentations
Preferred Academic Qualifications:
- B.A. (or equivalent) in French Language and Literature, M.A. desirable
- Teacher Certification, B.Ed. (or equivalent) from a full-time program with a practicum or student teaching component
- Dedicated to student learning
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player with the ability to delegate and coordinate work
- Willing to work creatively with available materials/ resources
- Able to create and teach interdisciplinary lessons
- Understand the developmental characteristics, differences in learning styles and intelligence and adapt lesson planning and teaching appropriately
- Capacity to support the goals and mission of KIS through his/her personal philosophy.
- Support KIS guiding principles.
- Teach up to 75% out of total instructional periods in a 6-day cycle.
- Preparation, marking, report writing and all other administration related to the teaching of the subject(s).
- Participate in departmental meetings, planning, in-service training activities and invigilation duties as required by the Head of Department or Coordinators.
- Be available to conference with students out of class.
- Promptly pass information to advisors, residential Parents and Coordinators when student’s attendance, academic performance or behavior is praiseworthy or giving cause for concern.
- To be available for work on campus in good time to complete all necessary preparations and meetings before the start of the term.
- To hand-over all relevant material l to the HoD / Coordinator upon departure from KIS.
To be considered for the position, please do the following:
- Download application form (Click Here)
- Fill-in the required information
- Email the completed form along with CV / Resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com stating the position applied for in the subject line
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.